Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The mushy mom post

All I have to say is I love being a mom! It is the BEST thing I have ever done in my life! It has been so neat to have my heart expanded and filled with so much love for our little guy. He is so much fun! I love nothing more than seeing that huge gummy smile. It melts my heart and yes, it even makes me cry sometimes! I am a total sucker for him! He has completely taken over our lives...he is the king and has us totally wrapped around his tiny fingers! Nevertheless, he makes me so incredibly happy. I love knowing that he is our boy I want to do everything in my power to live so that he can be ours forever. When I was pregnant, Les gave me a blessing and one thing that has stuck out to me ever since was that McKay would be a "light in our lives and bring great joy into our home." Truly, he is our little ray of light and I know that he will continue to spread that light and joy to the people around him. I love to stare at him and see what a miracle he is. Sometimes when he looks back at me, his spirit shines right through him and I can sense that a very mature spirit is within his little body. I know he is a special child of our Heavenly Father and sometimes I wonder how Heavenly Father can love him more than I do, but I know He loves him with a perfect love. Which makes me so grateful that parenthood is a calling and with it comes a mantle of power that helps us become the kind of parents Heavenly Father wants and needs us to be to His children. I am so grateful to be a mom and to be trusted with such a wonderful and sweet little boy and hope and pray that I can be a good mom to him. I love you baby Essig!


1 comment:

  1. ahhhh took the words right out of my mouth. Cant wait to meet him in a few weeks! Better yet, I cant wait our BOYS to meet each other!!! Is that crazy to say or what??! Love you hairy.

    ReplyDelete